Pages





Friday, April 13, 2012

A Letter to My Babies

Dear Madeline and Nolan,

I am writing you this letter because I hope that you will one day read it and know how much you are truly loved.

From the moment I met both of you, I was in love. I never understood the instant, unconditional love parents have for their children, until I had you guys. You were both so precious, and amazed me as you knew exactly who I was. I was Mommy. You felt secure as I held you for the first time. You were comforted by me as I was quickly able to interpret your cries and give you what you wanted.

You are both growing up so fast. Madeline you are a handful of a toddler, and Nolan, you are such a happy little baby. I wish I could hit the "slo-mo" button at times and just savor every single moment that much more.

I have high hopes for you kiddos in the future. I hope that I can teach you about all kinds of things.

Love
I hope that the two of you will understand how much you are loved by everyone around you- daddy and I, your grandparents, aunts and uncles, and each other. I hope, that later on when you find that special someone you want to spend the rest of your life with, you will love them wholeheartedly. Yes, there will be bumps along the road to finding this person, but know that I will always be here if you need some advice or someone to talk to. Madeline, I hope you become a young lady who is self confident, compassionate, and the type of woman who expects nothing less than the characteristics of a gentleman in the man she marries. Nolan, I hope that you will posses the characteristics of a gentleman. That you will be respectful and kind to all women, and will honor and cherish your future wife.

Education
Education is extremely important to your future. I hope you both will value your education, and will learn as much as you can. I hope you enjoy going to school, not only for socializing, but because you enjoy learning new things. I am a firm believer that you learn something new everyday, and you are never too old to learn. I am excited to see the excitement in your faces when you tell me what you learned in school. I will be here to help you with your homework and school projects, and I hope you will come to me just to tell me how your day went.

Success and Failures
I hope that you will celebrate your hard work when you are successful in life. You will work hard for your achievements, and you should be proud of the things you accomplish. I hope you will be humbled by the things you have and not be envious of the things you don't. I hope that you will be able to embrace the challenges that come your way. You may not be successful at everything, and you may fail at some things, and that's OK. I will still be proud of your efforts.

There are so many other things I am both excited and worried about you experiencing in your lives. I hope you will be able to have confidence in your self to stand up for your religious beliefs, to say no to negative peer pressure. I want you to know that Mommy will always be there for you. You can talk to me about anything, no matter how tough the topic is, or embarrassing you think the conversation might be. I hope that we will have the kind of relationship where you feel comfortable coming to me about anything.

I love you guys more than anything in the world!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...