Pages





Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy Birthday

Today I turned 26 years old! While I did have to work today, I did have a great brithday weekend.

Yesterday, the family came over for some good eats and game night. Daryl picked up Pappasitos, and we enjoyed delicious fajitas, fish tacos, and of course some chips and queso. Mom picked up a cheesecake, we sang happy birthday and then got started with the gaming.

Mom and Dad went to visit my uncle in Florida not to long ago, and they were taught how to play this dice game Left, Center, Right. Dad explained the rules and we got after it. You start out by buying in, (we did $1 buy in just for fun) and then you get your 10 poker chips. You then roll the 3 die to see what you have to do. Circle means you don't do anything, star means you put one chip in the center, and then left or right means you give a chip to the person on your left or on your right. The goal of the game is to be the last one with one chip, because you win the pot in the middle. Even though I went "out" 3 times, the people to either side of me (James and Daryl) rolled a left or right and had to give me a chip, or two. I ended up winning!! It was so fun because every time my dad was given a chip, he would call out "victory dance" and would do the cabbage patch arm circle. It was hilarious!! Even more so because everyone started doing a voctory dance when they got more chips.

Today, I had baseball games to cover in the afternoon. We won both of them, and I was actually able to get out a little early due to a run rule in the second game. I came home, got a work out in, and then got ready for dinner out with the hubs.



Here we are before getting ready to leave. Although you can't see in the picture, I am rocking the new Park Lane necklace mom and dad gave me on Friday, as well as my extra cute black heels (in case you were wondering)

We ate at Buca di Beppo. It's this cute Italian place that serves family style meals! We ordered Calamari and the Quattro al Forno. Our entree had Cheese Manicotti, Chicken Cannelloni, Ravioli al Pomodoro, and Stuffed Shells (with spicy Italian sausage). I didn't think it was a lot of food when it came out, but it ended up being perfect for the two of us to split. We left with our bellies completely stuffed, and had no room for dessert.

                                    

Tomorrow is Daryl's birthday. He has to work all day, but to celebrate, we are having sushi and noodles when he gets home.

Next weekend, we are going to hang out with Daryl's family to celebrate our birthdays. I've already talked to my sister in laws, and it looks like we're going to have another fun game night in store for us!! Taboo and Furt (another game I may be ordering within the next few days) are on the list.

I love a good game night and am always on the hunt for fun party games. What's your favorite party game?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...